Looking for the flexibility and independence of running your own business, while still being part of a team that’s focused on helping you grow?
As a Mainfreight owner driver you can start out small, with capital from as little as $40,000. Over time and with the help of Mainfreight, there’s potential to grow your business to a size that works for you, your family and your lifestyle now – and into the future.
Right now Mainfreight is looking for owner drivers in many parts of New Zealand including major cities, provincial centres and some of New Zealand’s most beautiful and affordable towns.
What will you need as an owner driver:
- The skills to be a good business owner. Many people have a partner or someone close who is business savvy to take care of GST, tax and paying bills
- NZ$40,000 in capital will allow you to finance yourself into an entry level pickup and delivery truck
- An accountant. You are setting up your own business as an independent contractor so you want the best business and tax advice – and you’ll need to be GST registered
- Full insurance including public liability
- A valid fork hoist and dangerous goods licence
- You’ll also need a Transport Service Licence and a Goods Service Licence. We can help advise you on what’s involved in getting these
- A strong work ethic and get along well with people from all walks of life
- An eye for detail and a sharp appearance
- A sense of humour. It also helps to be a good driver and to like driving!
Make your next move one that will set you up for the future.